St. Catherine of Siena Academy’s Student Government consists of two branches: Executive Council and four Class Councils (Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors). Executive Council officers (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, Senior Historian, and Junior Historian) are elected by their fellow students during a school wide election in May. Class Council Officers are elected after Executive Council elections and consist of a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and representative.
“I’ve transformed into a leader…”
“Supported by the graces of daily Mass, the enthusiasm of the faculty, and the strong sisterhood at St. Catherine’s, I’ve transformed into a leader fully aware of her dignity, gifts, and duties as a woman. Before high school, I was content with who I was. But now, I celebrate because I know I’m becoming who God made me to be.”
-Ria, 2013-2014 Executive Council President
The Executive Council is responsible for:
- Communicating ideas between the student body and the faculty and administration
- Coordinating extracurricular activities of all clubs and class governments
- Promoting school spirit
- Encouraging responsibility, leadership, honesty, and integrity in the student body.
The Class Councils are responsible for:
- Communicating ideas and options within each class and to the Student Council via a representative
- Sponsoring two activities per year
2018 Winter Semi-Formal Dance Guest Passes, Permission Forms, and Dance Attire
- All SCA Students and female guests are obliged to follow the SCA Dance Attire Policy (see below). For any questions about dance attire please contact Assistant Principal, Ms. Kozler.
- The Guest Pass and Permission Form MUST be filled out completely and submitted before a guest ticket will be sold.
- There are two versions of the form–one for Archdiocese of Detroit Schools and one for non-Archdiocese of Detroit schools. Please make sure you use the correct form.
If you wish to return your guest form electronically please email it to Miss Brandt.