- Best Colleges – Investigates the major sources of financial aid awards, which, unlike loans, do not have to be repaid. They also explain how scholarships, grants and fellowships work and identify awards for women that are worth pursuing.
- CSS Profile online – The CSS Profile is required by many private colleges and universities to apply for financial aid in addition to the FAFSA form.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA –recommended for all students regardless of family income.
- fastweb.com –Database of over 180,000 private scholarships. It offers a free search using an online profile you create.
- The Federal Student Aid Gateway – Source for free information, guidance, and tools for federal student assistance—from the U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid. Click on the section for “Students, Parents and Counselors” –
- FinAid – A resource for financial aid & scholarships, including a financial aid estimator.
- Going Merry – One place for students to find and apply to scholarships online, free.
- mappingyourfuture.org – Sponsored by participants in the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), this is a site for advice on financial strategies, choosing a college and career planning.
- Cappex – Assists in finding merit aid scholarships by matching students with merit scholarship opportunities from colleges across the country. Merit aid is awarded to students with a broad range of GPA’s, and can even be based on interests, intended majors, leadership & community service.
- Midwest Student Exchange Program – The Midwest’s largest multi-state tuition reciprocity program. Over 140 colleges and universities in Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and Wisconsin offer each other’s’ citizens affordable rates. Public institutions agree to charge no more than 150% of the in-state resident tuition rate; private institutions offer a 10% reduction on tuition rates.
- Scholarships.com – A free college scholarship search that has over ten million members. There are no fees to apply.
Learn More About Financial Aid