St. Catherine of Siena Academy’s Student Government consists of two branches: Executive Council and four Class Councils (Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors). Executive Council officers (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, Senior Historian, and Junior Historian) are elected by their fellow students during a school wide election in May. Class Council Officers are elected after Executive Council elections and consist of a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and representative.
The Executive Council is responsible for:
- Communicating ideas between the student body and the faculty and administration
- Coordinating extracurricular activities of all clubs and class governments
- Promoting school spirit
- Encouraging responsibility, leadership, honesty, and integrity in the student body.
The Class Councils are responsible for:
- Communicating ideas and options within each class and to the Student Council via a representative
- Sponsoring two activities per year
Here at St. Catherine, we have three dances a year. Each is preceded by a “spirit week” where the STARS have themed dress-up days, enjoy group games at lunch, and a pep rally!
Catholic Schools Week
St. Catherine of Siena Week